1 July, 2024 | Monday of the Thirteenth Week in Ordinary Time

 Reading: Am 2:6-10, 13-16

Gospel Mt 8:18-22


When Jesus saw a crowd around him,
he gave orders to cross to the other shore.
A scribe approached and said to him,
"Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go."
Jesus answered him, "Foxes have dens and birds of the sky have nests,
but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest his head."
Another of his disciples said to him,
"Lord, let me go first and bury my father."
But Jesus answered him, "Follow me,
and let the dead bury their dead."

Reflections:

Matthew 8: 18-22
Reflection:
Having seen the miracles Jesus worked and the crowd he draws, a scribe wants to follow him in the hope of gathering riches. Jesus discourages him, “Don’t you see that I have no place to rest which even the birds have? I am without the warmth of a house.” Another wants to bury his father, that is, to stay at home as long as his father is alive and absolve himself of his duties towards him when he dies, and then follow Jesus. The Lord invites him to follow him immediately. A complete detachment and a total dependence on him are the conditions for following Christ. He admits no delay and no excuse. There is nothing more important or more urgent than the realities of heaven, and we should seek them with all urgency, fervour and commitment. To follow Christ, whatever keeps us bound to the earth must be severed decisively. 

Activity: 

Discipleship demands my heart, my life and my all.


WELCOME TO THE MONTH OF JULY
DAILY REFLECTIONS BY SR AMINAH RUMILAH FSP
VOICE: SHARLENE FERNANDES

Comments